- Kim, T. N., *Bartel, S., Wills, B. D., Landis, D. A., and C. Gratton. 2018. Harvesting differentially affects alpha and beta diversity of ant communities in tallgrass prairies. Ecosphere 9 (10) e02399. https://doi-org.er.lib.k-state.edu/10.1002/ecs2.2399
- Karp, D. S, Chaplin-Kramer, R, Meehan, T.D. Martin, E. A., DeClerck, F., Grab, H. Gratton, C., Hunt, L., Larsen, A., Martinez-Salinas, A. O’Rourke, M., Rusch, A., Poveda, K., Jonsson, M., Rosenheim, J. A., Schellhorn, N., Tscharntke, T., Wratten, S. D., Zhang, W., Iverson, A. L., [+137 authors including Kim, T.N.]. 2018. Crop pests and predators exhibit inconsistent responses to surrounding landscape composition. Proceedings from the National Academy of Sciences. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1800042115
- Kim, T. N. 2017. Neighborhood composition influences damage to plants and four mechanisms of associational resistance and susceptibility. PlosOne 12(5): e0176499. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0176499
- Kim, T. N. Fox, A. F., Wills, B. D., Meehan, T. M, Landis, D. A., and C. Gratton. 2017. Harvesting of potential biofuel grasslands has weak effects on natural enemy diversity and biocontrol services. Journal of Applied Ecology. 54: 2011-2021. DOI: 10.1111/1365-2664.12901
- Fox, A. F., T. N. Kim, C. A. Bahlai, J. M. Woltz, C. Gratton, and D. A. Landis. 2016. Cover crops have neutral effects on predator communities and biological control services in annual cellulosic bioenergy cropping systems. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 232: 101–109.
- *Wenninger, A., T. N. Kim, B. J. Spiesman, and C. Gratton. 2016. Testing resource-concentration and dilution effects on pollinators and seed-predators. Insects 7(2), 23; doi:10.3390/insects7020023
- Kim, T. N., B. J. Spiesman, A. L. Buchanan, A. Hakes, S. L. Halpern, B. D. Inouye, A. L. Kilanowski, N. Kortessis, D. W. McNutt, A. C. Merwin, and N. Underwood. 2015. Selective removal of insect herbivores influences an old-field plant community. Plant Ecology 216: 1029-1045.
- Gratton, C, M. Casler, R. Groves, and T. N. Kim. 2015. Insecticide applications have minor effects on switchgrass biomass yield. Agronomy Journal doi:10.2134/agronj15.0066.
- Kim, T. N. and N. Underwood 2015. Plant neighborhood effects on herbivory: Damage is both density and frequency dependent. Ecology. 96:1431–1437. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/14-1097.1
- Liere, H, T. N. Kim, B. P. Werling,T. D. Meehan, D. A. Landis, C. Gratton 2015. Trophic cascades in agricultural landscapes: indirect effects of landscape composition on crop yield. Ecological Applications. 25:652–661.
- Skevas, T., S.M. Swinton, T.D. Meehan, T. N. Kim, C. Gratton and A. Egbendewe-Mondzozo 2014. Integrating agricultural pest biocontrol into forecasts of energy biomass production. Ecological Economics. 106:195–203
- Kim, T. N. 2014. Plant damage and herbivore performance change with latitude for two old-field plant species, but rarely as predicted. Oikos 123: 886-896.
- Kim, T, N., Underwood, N., and B. D. Inouye 2013. Insect herbivores change the outcome of plant competition through effects on inter- and intraspecific processes. Ecology 94: 1753-1763.
- Kim, T. N., and R. D. Holt. 2012. The direct and indirect effects of fire on the assembly of insect herbivore communities: examples from the Florida scrub habitat. Oecologia. 168:997-1012.
Publications (non-peer reviewed)
- Dixon, K., Brown, G., Underwood, N., Winn, A., Moscarella, R., Garcia, B., Kim, T., McNutt, D., Strimaitis, A., Pearson, V., and A. Landry. 2015. BSC 2011L Investigations in Biology; Biological Science II Laboratory Manual. Department of Biological Science, Florida State University. Hayden-McNeil Publishing, Plymouth MI.
- Diffendorfer, J. E., T. N. Kim, and B. J. Spiesman 2003. Small Mammal Monitoring and Inventory at Chino Hills State Park. California State Parks. Lake Perris, California.
Manuscripts in the works!
- Wills, B.D. Kim, T.N. Fox, A. F., Gratton, C. and D. A. Landis. Ant suppression reduces biological control potential in grasslands. In review at Agriculture, Ecosystems, and Environment
- Kim, T. N., *Bartel, S., and C. Gratton. Annual harvesting influences isotopic signals of plants and ants; implications for trophic structure in grasslands. Fully drafted.
- *Bartel, S., Kim, T. N., Spiesman, B. J. and C. Gratton. Body size distributions of ants and bees in mixed-prairie grasslands. In prep